Mougins, an up-market address

Mougins is unquestionably one of the pearls in the hinterland of the Côte d’Azur. On the hillls, 5 km from Cannes, this superb medieval village rises up magnificently between cypresses, pines and olive-trees.

Like Neuilly and Cap d’Antibes, Mougins became a real signature address, synonymous with a luxurious, top-quality lifestyle highly appreciated by affluent foreigners and company directors who, on retiring, opt for an exceptional home. Furthermore, Mougins can lay claim to two superb golf-courses and is renowned for its good addresses - more than 40 restaurants -, its gastronomy festival called “Les Étoiles de Mougins”, and about 20 art-galleries and artists’ studios.

Next to the forest of La Valmasque on 1,055 acres, Mougins has succeeded in preserving the quality of its natural environment and offers grandiose panoramic views of the Bay of Cannes, the Lérins Islands, Grasse and the Pre-Alps from an altitude of 260 metres. Around the village, luxury properties can be glimpsed nestling in luxuriant parks and Mediterranean gardens. Operating from Mougins for over 40 years, Michel Brévier has run the Label Properties agency at 71 avenue Tournamy for 22 years, with over 500 sales to his credit. Specializing in sales of luxury and prestige properties in Mougins and its surrounding area (Valbonne, Mouans-Sartoux, Opio, Cannes, Le Cannet...), this agency with a team of four orchestrates 70 % of its sales in main residences for company directors and heads of industrial firms, either active or early retirees ; the remaining 30 % consists of second homes, acquired in particular by north Europeans who fall for the charm of the area’s unique atmosphere.

“Following two years of euphoria after the pandemic, our market has stabilized in terms of prices,” says Michel Brévier.

“However, due to the many sales completed in this hyper-active period, clients are now confronted by slim offerings and must often be patient. Today, if a property of quality represents good value for money, it sells very quickly ; like this contemporary house of 260 m2 in grounds of 1,500 m2 with a pool, which recently sold for 2.6 million euros. Buyers need to act immediately when they find a property corresponding to their criteria and budget.”

They are now keen on properties offering total peace and quiet, authentic charm, with an interior renovated to meet today’s taste and proposing high-spec appointments. Like a majestic property with a heated pool at the heart of one of the most sought-after neighbourhoods in Mougins. Comprised of a renovated “bastide” of 400 m² and a house of 161 m² for guests in flat landscaped grounds of over 6,000 m², this haven of tranquillity is on offer at 4,490,000 €.

These articles might interest you :